I've been asked a million times where do I shop for my fabric and the answer is: from anywhere I can find it. JoAnn's, Etsy, eBay, local shops, and every online shop that has what I'm looking for is just fine for me. There are so many places to choose from though... these here are just some of my faves:
- My fave place for japanese fabrics is Superbuzzy
- I love Fat Quarter Shop. They have a ton of everything, but they're awesome in my book for two reasons. In general, they ship out your fabric the same day that you order it and they ship priority mail so you'll get your fabric lightening fast... also, they have a Coming Soon section to let you see what fabric lines are coming ahead (for real addicts).
- If you're into 1930's reproduction fabrics, Quiltin' Gals has the most I've seen in one place and their prices are good.
- For more of what I love (calicos and 1930's repros)... try The Calico Cottage Quilt Shop.
- For new and modern, cool designer novelty prints, as well as a lot of Japanese fabrics, Fabric Worm is a fun place to look around and shop. Click on the circles to get a closer look at the fabric. I love their bright clear images.
- Sew Deerly Loved has the cutest fabric, trims, and supplies (crochet trim, buttons, paper pieces) to buy along with their fabrics. I buy my hexagon paper pieces from here. If you haven't already, go ahead... start hexagoning... it's so nice to be able to do a bit of hand-sewing anywhere you go.
- Simply Sweet Fabric is a small etsy shop with a well chosen selection of fabrics (including Japanese prints) that are best described as "simply sweet"... as the name of the shop implies. Items ship from Utah, USA.
- Lilymeru is a great little shop for hard to find Atsuko Matsuyama and other Japanese prints. Items ship from Tokyo, but I usually get my fabric surprisingly fast.
- For beautiful linen prints, fine linens, laces, and trims, I adore Unique Shiny. Items are shipped from Korea.
- For dainty florals and Japanese prints I love The Heyday Shop. Items ship from Taiwan.
Looking for COSMO embroidery floss? I've found an online shop called, Strawberry Patches, that seems to have the whole range of colors.
Looking for cotton ribbon, labels, and trim? Find out where I buy them from, here.
More to come later! If you have a favorite you'd like to share with me, please do!