- During our walk to school, my little boy ran ahead and started yelling, "Go away! Old lady monster, go AWAY!" At me. I don't know how he came up with that but Olivia started chiming in and I just about died laughing. Old lady monster? Really?
- I went running on those "mean streets" of L.A. for the first time since I sprained my ankle... and didn't fall. The treadmill isn't enough anymore and it was time to face my nemesis. I ain't scared of you potholes!
- Today I went to the store to buy dinner, but instead I bought two chocolate eclairs (for Anne and I) and a cannoli for my husband. Sadly, I ate the entire cannoli even before reaching the check-out line. I've since explained to my husband that there is an eclair for him, but I took a bite out of it first... and that we'll be having egg sandwiches for dinner.
- That's okay because yesterday it took 3+ hours to cook short ribs to perfection and my husband gobbled them down in 5 minutes. Dang.
- Olivia has declared with no uncertainty that she loves her daddy more than anyone. Including me, sniff sniff.
- I've finally found a nursing school that might be a perfect match for my needs, and this morning I passed the entrance examination with flying colors. Woohoo!
- I sewed the binding on the baby quilt and added one eensy teensy applique.
- Obviously not much happens around here in an ordinary week ~ even if it does feel like we're all spinning our wheels like crazy. You know what I mean, right?
Check out my friday faves below... See the oval frame in the upper right hand corner pic? I'd love to embroider that... someday soon...
1. colors, 2. detail of pillowcase, 3. Cup o' tea!, 4. One Good Thing: Rooster Tea Towel, 5. door sign, 6. IMG_2249, 7. patchwork baby quilt, 8. Flowers, 9. Pillow Talk Swap - finished star, 10. I'll follow the sun, 11. 相信溫柔以待, 12. vintage floral teatowels, 13. gathered
Created with fd's Flickr Toys
Happy Friday all! xo amy