Life lately? Delightfully chaotic ~ for reasons big and small. I haven't talked about it here, but I had been training for months to run a marathon, which meant waking up at 5 am to go for early morning runs, or going to the gym at night for cross-training and kickboxing. We don't have a nanny or even a babysitter so I had to plan all my workouts around my husband's schedule, but we made it work. I took that pic of the beach on a drizzly Sunday morning run, the week before the marathon ~ which brings me to my first wonderful thing:
1. I did it! I ran the Los Angeles Marathon on Sunday! It was my third marathon and it was the hardest for me to finish (probably because of 82 degree heat), but I did it (whew!) Now I have to wait a few more days, but I'm anxious to start training for the next one. ;)
2. Have you seen the most recent issue of Quilty magazine? It's filled with beautiful eye-catching quilts designed by some very talented women, but you also might notice a half-page ad for Kaufman's 'London Calling' fabric line... featuring the quilt I designed for them! Made me smile.
3. I'm so excited to introduce you to the newest eHow Crafts blogger... me! Yes, my intro post went live yesterday ~ read it here. So what does this mean? It means I'll be blogging as usual over here, and I'll be bringing more crafty and original patterns, designs, how-to's, and inspiration to eHow ~ and I hope you'll follow me there. I'll keep you posted!
4. nanaCompany is finally on Facebook! Yes! I don't know what took me so long but won't you come on over to nanaCompany on Facebook and give us a 'like.' Because we all like to be liked, right?
5. Don't you just love a great fabric find? Like finding new Lecien fabric that isn't anywhere else? I just ordered a small packet of fabric from Donna's Lavender Nest and received it lightening fast.
I also fell in love with the adorable scissor print on the bottom, from Spun Sugar Quilts on Etsy.
- Lecien 30's Child Smile Blue 30812 70
- Lecien 30's Child Smile Lavender 30812 110
- Lecien 30's Child Smile Blue 30815 70
- Storybook Classics by Whistler Studios for Windham 36084 3
- 30's Collection by Atsuko Matsuyama for Yuwa AT816879E
- Toybox 3 Collection by Sara Morgan for Blue Hill Pink Bow and Dots 8024B-6
- Yuwa Live Life Macaroons white print pastry
- Scissors on white Do-It-Yourself by Dear Stella Fabric
I'm happy to say lots more wonderful things are coming up. I've got a fun giveaway coming next!